It involves four steps:
1. Make a list of everyone you know who you'd like to share the gospel with.
2. Take a week to fast and pray to determine a best approach for each.
3. Place each name in one of the following categories:
- I want to personally prepare and invite this person to hear the message
- I want to talk to this person and invite them to our home with the missionaries
- I want the missionaries to call on this person, use my name and invite them to hear the message at our home if interested
- I want the missionaries to call on this person without using my name
This is a completely non-threatening way to involve the members in missionary work. For members who are not ready to invite someone to learn about the gospel, they can leave it to the missionaries (category 'd'). If they're not ready for the Elders to reach out to their friends, they can choose to personally prepare their friends (category 'a') through continued friendship and example. Those members who feel inspired and courageous can invite their friends to meet with the missionaries (category 'b') or have the missionaries contact their friends using their name (category 'c').
If you try this, please post a comment and let me know how it turned out.