Sunday, March 03, 2019

Service in the Face of Scorn

I love the story of the daughter of Jairus.  Acting in faith, a man asks the Savior to heal his dying daughter.  Jesus does so in the face of ridicule.  I am grateful for the Lord's example of willing service despite the world's scorn.  I can strive to do the same knowing that I'm in good company (see 3 Nephi 12:11-12).

3 Nephi 12:11-12
  And blessed are ye when men shall revile you and persecute, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake; For ye shall have great joy and be exceedingly glad, for great shall be your reward in heaven; for so persecuted they the prophets who were before you.

Matthew 9:18-19,23-25
  He said unto them, Give place: for the maid is not dead, but sleepeth. And they laughed him to scorn.  But when the people were put forth, he went in, and took her by the hand, and the maid arose.

No comments: