Wednesday, January 01, 2020

Upon these plates...

As we begin studying the Book of Mormon for Come, Follow Me this year, I like to remember that Nephi's goal was for everything in the book to persuade people to come unto Christ and be saved and to be of value to us (1 Nephi 6).
I believe we can find peace, comfort, and answers to life's most difficult questions as we study and ponder this great work.


 3 And it mattereth not to me that I am particular to give a full account of all the things of my father, for they cannot be written upon these plates, for I desire the room that I may write of the things of God.
 4 For the fulness of mine intent is that I may persuade men to come unto the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, and be saved.
 5 Wherefore, the things which are pleasing unto the world I do not write, but the things which are pleasing unto God and unto those who are not of the world.
 6 Wherefore, I shall give commandment unto my seed, that they shall not occupy these plates with things which are not of worth unto the children of men.

No comments: