Saturday, May 25, 2019

A House of Prayer

I love the temple and how it points me to God. To my good friends in Virginia, it's that building just off the beltway in Maryland. There we learn about Jesus Christ and commit to be more like him.

This week we're reading some in Matthew, and I thought about Christ's statement that his house shall be called the house of prayer. God will hear our prayers anywhere, but we can definitely feel the Lord's presence and receive answers to prayers in the temple.

Interestingly, when I read about going up to the mountain (in both the Old Testament and the Book of Mormon), I'm reminded that it represents the Lord's presence and the temple.


My house
shall be called the
house of prayer

The voice of the Lord came unto me, saying:
Arise, and get thee into the mountain.
And it came to pass that I arose
and went up into the mountain,
and cried unto the Lord.
And it came to pass that the Lord spake unto me.

No comments: